My Name is Kylie.
I hold an Associate Diploma of Education (Child Care) and have been working in the field of Early Childhood Education since 1995. During this time I have worked as a Group Leader, Co-Director and Assistant Director in Long Day Care Centres.
I thoroughly enjoy the challenge of working with children and am passionate about the care and education of young children and have specialised in care of children 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Recognising that each child is unique and therefore the learning environment is designed around each child's needs and abilities.
- Making parents feel valued and a welcome participant so that a partnership between home and family day care educator may develop for the benefit of all involved.
- Developing an environment where the children feel secure and have a sense of stability thereby building a trusting relationship with the adults around them.
- Allowing children the opportunity to develop fully in areas of physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social development by programming and offering experiences which are relevant to the child's interests and development.
- Providing concrete experiences for children and a place where play is valued as the most important way in which children learn.
- Providing positive role models for children in regards to communicating and interacting with others.
- Providing and environment where children are interested, challenged and which stimulates their creativity and curiosity.
- Creating programs where children have equal opportunities regardless of abilities, race, gender or religion.
- Helping children to accept and respect others.
- Offering an environment where educators are flexible, warm and supportive to the children.